Apple breathes sigh of relief as Ming-Chi Kuo resigns from KGI Securities: Should Microsoft and Samsung start worrying?
Taiwan-based market analysis firm KGI Securities has recently received resignation of Ming-Chi Kuo, one of the world’s most prolific and accurate Apple analysts.
For the past decade, Kuo has unearthed Apple’s best kept secrets, months before any official announcement, with pinpoint accuracy. An approximate list gathered from MacRumors archives may give you an idea of Kuo’s incredible track record:
- iPad Mini,
- iPhone 6S,
- 11.6-inch MacBook Air,
- iPod Touch with 3MP camera
- iPad 2 with a thinner anti-reflective screen and Dual Core CPU
- iPad 3 with denser display resolution
- White iPhone 4
- iPhone 5
- 2011 Thunderbolt -equipped MacBook Air with accurate list of specs
- Phasing out of the white MacBook to be replaced by the MacBook Air
- White iPod Touch
- Phasing out of the 17 inch MacBook Pro
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 2012 iPod Touch and iPod Nano
- Updated Apple iMac
- Apple iPod Touch new color schemes
- Touch ID in the iPhone 5S
- First ever mention of Apple’s “iWatch” (Apple Watch)
- Intel Haswell-powered Apple iMacs
- iPad “5”, iPad “6” and iPad Mini 2, with only the last one confirmed
- More “iWatch” predictions including the official release date, and word of two sizes and “fashionable appearance”, as well as rumors regarding the revamp of Apple TV.
- Rumored Sapphire displays for iPhone/iPad, following rumors regarding Apple’s partnership with Arizona-based Sapphire processing frm GT Advanced Technologies, which ended with GTAT being unable to fulfill its contractual obligations to Apple, which resulted in Apple acquiring all of GTAT’s assets, and turning the plant into a centralized iCloud data center in 2015. All future mobile Apple devices would continue to be fitted with Gorilla Glass screen.
- 12.9 inch iPad Pro, along with production schedule and specs
- First rumors on ARM-based Macs, Apple Watch name finally comes to light
- First rumor of Apple creating its first stylus pen since the Apple Newton.
- TSMC to manufacture iPhone A9 chips
- Apple Watch Sport in Gold and Rose Gold
- Apple Watch 2
- iPhone expected to feature glass casing and AMOLED screens
- iPhone 7 Plus
- Redesigned Macbook Pro with Touch Bar
- 10.5 inch iPad Pro
- USB-C Lightning connector on all future iPhones, no more home button
- Apple iHome
- Upgraded LTE antenna in 2018 iPhone models
With Kuo’s imminent departure, reports confirm that the former KGI analyst will lessen his focus on Apple devices, and move on to non-Apple products, possibly Microsoft and Samsung PCs, and mobile devices.
There is also a theory that Apple may have influenced Kuo’s decision to depart and soften its focus on itself, following an internal memo to employees in regard to the dangers of divulging confidential company information,although the rumor is complete speculation at this point.
Ready to shop?
Looking for the most powerful desktop created by Apple? PortableOne is where you can buy the All-New Apple iMac Pro a production powerhouse for high-end creative professionals, with endless possibilities, and unprecedented specs.