Sometimes you get so used to a particular routine with your iPad 4 that you don't explore the other features and new apps that could add to its functionality. This could really limit what you get out of your tablet, so every now and then it's a good idea to explore outside the boundaries of what your normally do. You may end up discovering something about this complex device that you never knew was available.
BusinessInsider.com has put together a list of fourteen things you may not have known you could accomplish with you iPad. Some of the highlights include:
- Conference calls: There are a number of apps that turn you iPad into a conference call center, which could be convenient when you want to see all the names, numbers and faces of the people involved, something not easily accomplished with a smartphone.
- Navigating with four fingers: You probably already use some of Apple's multi-touch gestures that allow you to navigate the device, but there's a couple that are less well-known, like the four finger pinch that will take you to the home screen.
- Remote desktop monitoring: Using an app like iTeleport lets you access your home computer while you're on the go with your tablet.
- Splitting the keyboard in half: This creates a more ergonomic typing setup that some people prefer. Tap and hold the keyboard button on the bottom right of the screen and select "split" from the menu that pops up.
- Tap Space twice for a period: If you've come to the end of a sentence, tapping space twice will give you a period and space to start your next thought. It makes typing much faster.
If you haven't yet joined the iPad crowd, you're missing out on thousands of great features that could make your professional and home lives more exciting. Check out the PortableOne selection of Apple tablets today.